Local news is the starting place for great journalism — it brings communities together around issues that are closest to home.
News on Facebook, part of the Facebook Journalism Project, is an opportunity for newsroom leaders, social media editors, community managers and journalists to learn more about Facebook and Instagram as platforms for news. This full-day event will feature presentations and discussion, interactive one-on-one help desks, plus cocktails and community.
The aim of the day's sessions is to:
• Share best practice insights on discovery, distribution and growth
• Communicate recent product updates, and answer your questions
• Meet one-on-one with Facebook Operations and Partnerships
• Listen and discuss feedback in real time
• Work 1:1 on your specific technical questions in Help Desk sessions
Facebook's Media Partnership team works with news and media organizations to help them reach and engage their audience on Facebook and Instagram, and connect people to the content and creators that best inform and entertain them. Our goal is to collaborate more closely with news organizations and discuss key issues and industry trends.